Our Sport and Exercise Medicine Consultants work as a team to provide prompt assessment, investigation and rehabilitation of your injury. Our goal is to return you to your physical activities as quickly and safely as possible, with an understanding of your commitment to your sport. We are committed to providing excellence in injury management and where appropriate a multidisciplinary approach with a number of specialists is utilized to optimize your care. This can include working with Physiotherapists, Radiologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Podiatrists, Nutritionists and Clinical Psychologists. Our Integrated approach allows us to not only manage your acute problem, but also provides an opportunity to assess preventative strategies to reduce the risk of re-injury.
As well as injury management, our Consultants are experienced in the management of medical conditions affecting active and healthy people of all ages. We work closely with other specialties such as respiratory, cardiology and rheumatology colleagues to provide specialist consultations in exercise prescription and exercise advice to all age groups.
Specialist treatments include -
- Rapid Access Diagnostic Ultrasound, MRI and CT Imaging
- Ultrasound Guided Injections – including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Prolotherapy and Steroid Injections
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Compartment Pressure Testing
- Intra Muscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Podiatric and Biomechanical Assessments
- Physiology exercise testing (View PDF)